2020 has been a volatile year for commercial real estate. The global pandemic caused major disruptions across all sectors whereby some asset classes were affected more disproportionally than others. Trends that were already fundamentally transforming the industry before COVID-19 accelerated with wider implications for the ways owners, operators and investors perceive use of space, assess demand and future growth.
To better understand where property markets are headed, what forces and factors are driving real estate fundamentals in today’s economy and how investors are evaluating opportunities this year and beyond, we have been engaging thought leaders and senior executives at leading U.S. and Canadian private equity groups, institutional funds and asset management firms with interests in all major sectors across the region.
The sum of our speakers’ views, insights and analysis provides a holistic framework for understanding where we are in the cycle, what trends are likely to define ‘the new normal’, and how current socio-economic, demographic, and technological changes will shape short and long-term investment decision-making.
We trust this year’s sessions will shed a fresh perspective on real estate portfolio structuring, asset allocation, underwriting, risk management, and will help stimulate participants’ creativity in identifying and capturing new growth opportunities.
goREAL 2021 – Private Equity Real Estate Forum, 31/3/21 @ 4:00 PM – 1/4/2021 @ 12:00 AM
Reset for Growth: Real Estate Market Outlook & Investment Strategies for North America
– Sonny Kalsi, Chief Executive Officer, BentallGreenOak (BGO)
– Sarah Schwarzschild, Managing Director, Co-Head of Metropolitan Real Estate and Global Head of Secondaries (The Carlyle Group)
– Jon Love, CM, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, KingSett Capital
– Paul Finkbeiner, Global Head of Real Estate, Great-West LIFECO
– Spencer Levy, Chairman of Americas Research and Senior Economic Advisor, CBRE
– Jaime McKenna, Managing Director, Group Head for Real Estate, Fengate Asset Management
You could see the Agenda and find out more about the Forum HERE