We commit to net zero by 2050
Climate change is one of society’s greatest challenges. It is also one of the greatest risks to the future of our business. Solving it requires all of us to act with great urgency. Nestlé may be only one player, but it has the size, scale, and reach to influence many more and to inspire collective action. Nestle, will halve its greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 and achieve net zero by 2050 – even as its business continues to grow.
From now until 2025, Nestle accelerates and expands the work already undertaken to achieve a 20% reduction in emissions. Between 2025 and 2030, will transform its operations to achieve a 50% reduction of emissions. And finally, from 2030 to 2050, Nestle will work to balance its emissions by exploring how it offset any remaining emissions through high-quality carbon removal projects or innovation, the result of which will be net zero emissions.
To achieve those milestones Nestle is taking action across agriculture, its operations, and products, including:
- Protecting trees and landscapes that help absorb carbon and planting 20 million trees every year for the next 10 years.
- Working with farmers to shift to regenerative ways of growing ingredients for food, including for the products we produce.
- Ending deforestation in our primary supply chains by 2022.
- Completing the transition to 100% renewable electricity in the 187 countries where we operate by 2025.
- Increasing the number of ‘carbon neutral’ brands to give consumers the opportunity to contribute to the fight against climate change.
Explore Nestlé’s Net Zero Roadmap HERE